SftDirectory is an ActiveX control for the Windows™ operating system, offering tree control and combo box style views of file and folder lists, similar to Windows Explorer.
SftDirectory is not based on Windows Explorer and offers significant additional features not usually found in file and directory controls based on Microsoft technologies such as IShellView:
- TreeView style and ComboBox style folder displays (see "Control Styles")
- Optional file displays (ShowFiles property)
- Single and multiple selection (MultiSelect property)
- Full context menu support (automatic and customizable, ShowContextMenu property)
- Support for application actions on files and folders (Can and Do methods)
- Optional display of hidden files and folders (ShowHiddenFolders property)
- Optional expand/collapse buttons for expandable folders (ExpandButtons property)
- Combo box style with user-resizable drop down using the sizing grip (SizeBox, DropDownHeight, DropDownWidth properties)
- Combo box style with optimal drop down width
- Application defined root folder and initially selected folder (TopMostFolder and InitialFolder properties)
- Application controlled double-click action (expand, open, etc., OpenFiles property and Opening event)
- Optional in-place editing of file/folder names to rename files/folders (RenameStyle property)
- Fully automatic drag & drop support similar to Windows Explorer or completely interceptable and customizable by application (OLEDragMode and OLEDropMode properties)
- Optional auto-refresh of folder contents as system-wide changes occur (AutoReload property)
- Customizable column headers (Headers property)
- Resizable columns with automatic optimal width
- Reorderable columns
- Column sorting (Headers.Sortable property)
- Automatic save/restore of column and sort order settings
- Customizable colors (background, columns, etc.)
- Optional grid lines (GridStyle property)
- Optional tree lines (TreeLineStyle property)
- Right-To-Left Reading support for Hebrew and Arabic Windows versions (RightToLeft property)
- Expand/collapse folder branches under application control (Folder.Expand and Collapse methods)
- Registration-free installation on Windows XP (and better) for true XCOPY deployment
- Dual interfaces throughout for optimum performance
- ATL based control, no MFC DLLs or other DLLs required
- UNICODE support
- Not based on Common Controls or Windows Explorer
Any application that you develop can use SftDirectory royalty-free in run-time only mode; design-time features are not available. Each user (developer) who needs access to design-time features must license a copy of SftDirectory.
SftDirectory supports all popular ActiveX (OCX) platforms, such as Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic, Visual C++ and many more. Feature limitations may exist depending on the platform used. These are generally caused by the platform, rather than our control product, which implements the current ActiveX control standards specifications.
SftDirectory supports Windows 2000 through Windows 10 and their server editions using the same set of properties, events and methods.
UNICODE support is available for all platforms.
Windows 98 and Windows ME are no longer supported. For support of these platforms, SftDirectory/OCX 2.5 must be used instead.