SftButton/OCX 3.0 Product Documentation
SftButton/OCX is an ActiveX button control for the Windows™ operating system, offering many enhancements not found in the standard Windows button control.
SftButton/OCX offers many unique features, which can be used to enhance any application requiring button controls.
- Easy to use ActiveX button control
- Optional drop down button, great for popup menus
- Up to two images in each button control (bitmaps, GDI+ images, icons, animations and Windows metafiles)
- Single and multiline text
- Customizable Click event
- Supports standard button style and toggle button style
- Application defined colors even for border lines
- Support for ActiveX (OLE) control containers such as Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Access, and many more
- Small size ActiveX control requiring NO external run-time DLLs
- Includes digitally signed cabinet file
- Stand-alone implementation, not a sub/superclassed button control (not based on Windows Button control class)
- Default button handling and outlining
- OLE drag & drop support
- Dual interfaces throughout for optimum performance
- No MFC DLLs, no VB runtime or other DLLs required
Any application that you develop can use SftButton/OCX royalty-free in run-time only mode; design-time features are not available. Each user (developer) who needs access to design-time features must license a copy of SftButton/OCX.
SftButton/OCX supports all popular ActiveX (OCX) platforms, such as Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic, Visual C++ and many more. Feature limitations may exist depending on the platform used. These are generally caused by the platform, rather than our control product, which implements the current ActiveX control standards specifications.
SftButton/OCX supports Windows 2000 through Windows 10 and their server editions using the same set of properties, events and methods.
UNICODE support is available for all platforms.
Windows 98 and Windows ME are no longer supported. For support of these platforms, SftButton/OCX 2.5 must be used instead.